Licensed Process Servers | PILB License #2782
NMI Eviction offers years of property management experience with Nevada laws for instructing tenants and owners about their rights in Las Vegas, NV

When a Las Vegas landlord urges their tenant to leave, they must adhere to certain standards. The notice period varies based on the eviction type and breach of contract or rental agreement violation. We’ll go through many of the required tenant eviction notices landlords in Nevada may use to address unwanted tenant behavior.

If you rent an apartment, there are several resources to help you understand your rights. The Nevada Civil Law Self-Help Center is one of them. This article is a wonderful resource if you’re a landlord. Before we get started, it’s important to remember that all notice period timeframes should be interpreted as business days rather than calendar days.

Seven-Day Notice To Quit Eviction Notice

When a tenant fails to pay rent, he or she is in violation of the terms of his or her lease agreement, and you may initiate the eviction process. When landlords serve eviction notices to tenants who stopped paying rent, it’s critical that they follow precise rules. The state of Nevada requires 7 days’ written notice of eviction to be delivered to the tenant. This eviction notice should be served using certified mail or hand delivery with evidence of receipt from the tenant. If the tenant decides to pay rent within that 7-day time frame, then the tenant can disregard the eviction notice, since the rent was satisfied.

Tenancy-at-Will Eviction Notice

A tenancy-at-will is defined as a situation where a tenant lives in an apartment or house that isn’t covered by a lease agreement, and they may or may not pay rent. This implies that the tenant has permission from the landlord to stay and agrees to depart when instructed to do so by the landlord.

If a landlord wants one of these sorts of tenants to leave, whether the tenant pays rent weekly, monthly, or doesn’t pay rent at all, he or she simply has to give an eviction notice with a 5-day notice period.

5-Day Notice To Quit For Unlawful Detainer

After an initial eviction notice has been given to a tenant, and if the renter does not remedy the violations or vacate the rental property, an unlawful detainer notice may be delivered as the next step in the eviction process. If the tenant is still on the property after the first five days have passed and he or she is still engaging in illegal activities (drug use, prostitution, etc), the landlord can issue a second Unlawful Detainer Notice informing them that their presence is unlawful. Landlords must give tenants 5 days’ written notice before going any further.

Occasionally, landlords will pursue the formal eviction process, in which they demand money from the tenant and repossession of the property if the tenant does not follow through with their first eviction notice. It’s more complicated than the summary eviction process.

If you’ve already served your first eviction notice to an unruly tenant and are afraid to deliver the second detainer notice, contact NMI Eviction Services immediately. They will handle every step of the tenant eviction process, from beginning to end. They’ll serve eviction notices, prepare all required documentation, give legal advice, help with justice court proceedings, and assist with the removal of the tenant once the eviction is granted. Their prices are reasonable, and their service is effective!

Lease Agreement Violation Notices

Some landlords have certain standards for tenant conduct in their lease agreements that they explicitly outline in the contract. If a tenant is violating the terms of his or her rental agreement, he or she must be notified in writing. Depending on the gravity of the violation, the renter will receive a 5-day termination notice, allowing him or her to correct it or depart.

Nuisance/Waste/Subletting/Unlawful Business/Drug Violation Eviction Notice

If the tenant creates a nuisance for neighbors, generates large quantities of waste on the property, sells or produces drugs from the home, runs an unlawful business from the house, engages in illegal activities like prostitution at the home, or sublets to other renters, the landlord has the authority to utilize this type of eviction notice.

A three-day termination notice is issued to notify the tenant that his or her lease has been terminated, and a five-day Unlawful Detainer notice is sent if he or she does not leave.

No Cause Eviction Notices

A “no cause” notice, which is used to drive out a tenant who remains on the premises beyond the conclusion of their lease or who does not have an existing rental agreement with the landlord, is often utilized when the renter has been paying rent and presumably hasn’t done anything wrong, but the landlord wants them to leave. The landlord must give their tenants a 30-day written notice to vacate the property. After the initial thirty-day notice, a landlord can pursue a five-day notice.

If the renter is over 60 years old and has documentation proving tenant’s age, or has a physical or mental disability, they may request to stay on the property for an additional 30 days after the initial time period. If they actually do have a physical or mental disability or were able to prove that they are over 60 years old, the landlord must allow them to remain on the premises.

When Will You Start the Eviction Process?

Understanding which tenant eviction notice is required in each situation allows landlords to properly serve tenants and comply with all eviction laws. It’s never a pleasant experience to evict someone, so if you have to do it, make sure you do it correctly. When the facts are overlooked, both the landlord and the tenant suffer.

NMI Eviction Services can assist you in evictions. They will provide all eviction notifications, file legal documents with the justice court, offer legal counsel, help you through court procedures, and work with local authorities to remove unlawful tenants at a low cost for landlords. For support evicting an unruly tenant, contact NMI Eviction now. If you are a tenant in need of assistance, contact the Civil Law Self-Help Center of Nevada.